- The Colony Lions Club was founded in 1979.
- In Dallas, Texas, in 1917, at the first Lions Convention, a vision was put into action. A group of business networking clubs came together and imagined that they could do more. Thus began the Lions Clubs Organization.
- In 1925, Helen Keller challenged Lions to become “Knights of the Blind in the crusade against darkness” during the Association’s international convention. Today, Lions are recognized worldwide for their service to the blind and visually impaired.
- Lions Clubs International is the world’s largest service club organization, with a network of 1.4 million men and women in more than 210 countries and geographical locations. We serve where we live, as well as globally, and we have fun doing it.
- Though well known for its successful initiatives in vision health, Lions service is as diverse as its members. We meet all sorts of needs, from assisting the elderly to helping victims of natural disasters.
- Lions give 100 percent of donations to our causes. We cover all our costs through our dues.
- Lions make a difference everyday everywhere. Whether by organizing a pancake breakfast fundraiser or building a wheelchair ramp for someone in need, we are a hands-on organization.
“We’re all about serving the community in with we live.”